Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Friday, May 04, 2007

Dude, I blogged myself.

Hi. I don't blog anymore. No time. Work is fucking nuts right now. There ya go. I'll bless you with some trite ramblings on this rainy-ass Friday morning though. First, a dream.

To set things up, I apparently have created this alter Champaign-Urbana in my head. It's got a campus and off-campus area, and it's been the set for quite a few dreams spread over a couple years. I actually just had a flashback to the campus area while typing this, which was weird.

Anyway, in alternate CU, I was hanging out with Jammin and Nate and Monte. We were wandering around the bars, and someone wanted to watch a Cardinals game. I didn't, so they all stayed, and I kinda wandered off to another bar. There, I ran into The Edge and some other dude from U2 that wasn't Bono. So I was hanging out with them, and they asked if I wanted to go cruise around, so I said sure, and we did. The Edge drives a Taurus, apparently. Anyway, I'm sitting in the back, and we're driving around, and I ask where we're going. Edge tells me we're going to go pick up Bono cuz they have a concert tonight.

Oh, cool.

So we pull up to this row house area kinda like you'd see in old St. Louis, and Bono comes out to the car on crutches, and hops in the backseat with me. We ride over to this Canopy-club type place, but it's over by "real Champaign" Savoy area. Weird.

Anyway, they couldn't get me in for free, so I had to pay the $17.50 to get into the show. There was maybe 40 people in the club. Just weird. Anyway, they start their set, and I'm sitting at my table having a drink. Get up, go pee, come back, and Bono is sitting at the table with these three "chicks" during a break in their set. One of the chicks asks me how many of them I think are actually men. I cringe for a second because I'm afraid to offend, and say "You're actually all dudes, I think. But a couple of you had really good work done, cuz I can barely tell". Of course they're all like "yes, yes we are", then Bono finished out his set and I went to another table because it was kinda weird. I tried calling Grice, but didn't get an answer.

There ya go. Dream.

Last night I drove an hour after work to meet FGI people for happy hour and to try and talk one of the Denver people out of moving here. After a couple beers I headed to one of the 4 Sprint stores in the greater St. Louis area that has the MOTO Q phone, and grabbed that after dealing with retardedness for quite a while. Went back to Muggs, had a final beer with the stragglers, then headed home and watched Lost. Awesome. Also, my phone is way too cool for school. So neat. I'm going to lose another day of productivity today trying to get things tweaked. After hand-inputting half my contacts on it last night, Ellen suggested I try 'beaming' them over. My 640 had bluetooth, der. So the 2nd half of the transfer was obviously way faster. Bastards.

No comments: