Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I quit! (again)

I'm officially on day 4 of being smoke-free.

Think I've pulled through all my normal triggers successfully:

Driving (boredom/ritual)
Drinking (not while driving)
Work crap (hour+ conference call with dimwits yesterday)
Ex crap (talked to her for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday, pulled a bunch of crap (pics, etc) off the computer for her last night... while drinking.)
Mad Men (40 people lighting up in every scene just makes me want one)

Doin it cold turkey, smoked about 6-7 in a row Friday on the drive back from IL to polish off a pack and ruin the taste for me. Mission accomplished. Got news while I was home that my grandfather, who I'm not exactly fond of, but regardless, was diagnosed with emphysema and a secondary terminal lung issue, he'll be the 2nd smoker in the family to go from emph.

Also, I decided my life has stabilized enough I don't need the emotional crutch anymore, I'm more worried about the 2nd one than the 1st right now. But, we'll see. Ex is coming over tomorrow, that will probably be the true litmus test.

No comments: