Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Viva 'government' jobs!

How sweet. Haven't had MLK off since school days. Weekend update, since that's all I seem to use this for these days.

Friday: Ellen did stuff in the city; I prepped to get drunk and play xbox. Supposed ice storm had squashed my plans of seeing Pomeroy play, so I was bummed. Had a couple beers, then the Lown's called; met up with them at Hurricanes for the cheap heavy pour goodness. Came home, drank more. Ellen showed up shortly after. Went to bed.

Saturday: Poker was to happen, so I decided to go out in search of a couple table toppers to make play a little easier. Went to EVERY GODDAMN STORE in F-view (Kohls, Target, Wal/K-Mart, Walgreens, Sams, other Wal/K-Marts, Sears, Spencers, Macys, etc, etc). Nothing.
So, I gave up in anger. Ellen had gone to Altamont for Ann's baby shower, and she managed to snag one at the Target in Glen Carbon. So that was nice of her. I obtained a keg, went home, and started cleaning. People showed up eventually, and poker was played. I started out the game very, very weak, was down to $175 in chips, and staged a massive comeback thanks to some heavy hands, to win it all. Minus $20, which I lost to Jack in a post-game Cricket match I had no business in.

In my drunken blur, I think someone mentioned strip clubs, so me being the shitty host I am (sorry guys), I up and left with Steve/Jack/Keith/Jake to PT's, where I blew all my winnings plus $50. Good times were had obviously. The cab ride was enlightening, Kahn had some interesting insights into life. Honestly, between the strip club-priced beer, lap dance, post-PTs awesomeburger and 40 fucking dollar cab ride home, I'm amazed I spent as little as I did. Staggered into bed around 4:30 or 5.

Sunday: Woke up around noonish I guess. Watched the first quarter of the Bears game, and headed over to the new Buffalo Wild Wings in Edwardsville, which is a damn sight closer than the one in Ofallon, IL. So that was happy. Hangover necessitated strong drink in the form of Super-hot bloody mary with Garlic spice wing sauce, and Mango HabaƱero bonelss wingys. Did the trick like mad. Left near the end of the 3rd quarter, made it back in time to watch most of the 4th, and the kick for the win in OT (go bears!). Hung out for a bit more. Took a nap? Headed to Edwardsville again cuz I had the urge for some Kreiger's. Rocked the cod sammach, wound up getting desert. Went back to Cville, hit blockbuster on the way, picked up a Scanner Darkly. Proceeded to watch and have our minds melted a bit. Went to bed, had fucked up dreams.

Monday: Woke up at some point, lounged about for a bit. Ellen did laundry, I started on "the day of doors", which consisted of me starting to mount the new closet doors, but failing because of the idiot who built the closet putting facia boards on that narrowed the doorway by 1/2". Began partial demo of closet. Grr. At some point, I convinced Ellen to give me my bday present way too f'n early. Anyway, my wife is the bomb shizzle and grabbed me a wireless steering wheel/pedal set for the xbox, which makes the wait for Forza2 that much more insane. Played around with PGR3, made her drive some, obivously she handled the cars better with a real wheel than the controller, so that was cool.

After that, I borrowed Nate's truck to finish the day of doors. Friday night, our back storm door (we always use the back door of the house) decided to bust one of it's hinges, which had been on it's last leg since we bought the house. Also, needed to pick up a wheelbarrow from Erin's house before it got sold. So, it was off to Belleville, then to F-view, to Home Depot for much deliberation, and finally buying the 2nd cheapest storm door they had that wasn't aluminum, which will be nice I think. Dropped off shit, dropped off truck, came home to bitchin meal Ellen made of some onion ring concoction, mashed potatos, carrots, and wine-marinated thin strip steak that rocked the bum.

Watched Event Horizon, had our minds melted a bit more. Ellen went to bed, I stayed up and played some xbox till about midnight.

Viva the long weekend, I say. This weekend is Grice's bachelor party, followed by wedding next week. Should prove interesting.

No comments: