Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Of Poptarts and Alzheimers

So, I was running late this morning. As such, I didn't have time to eat any breakfast at the house. I had to run through the store on my way into work anyway to stock up on Diet Dew, so I figured I'd just swing through the cereal aisle en route and grab a box of Pop-Tarts. Simple enough, right?

Holy shit. Have you bought Pop-Tarts lately? I was faced with a wall of possibilities that went on for what seemed like an eternity. Mint Chocolate Chip. Apple Strudel. Strawberry Milkshake. Wildberry. Hot Fudge Sundae. Double Berry.

I figure, well, I guess shit evolves. The last time I made a serious in-store "box of Pop-Tarts" purchase was probably 1998, so something's bound to change. My problem was this, though. I had gone in with very high expectations of walking in, grabbing "Old Faitful", the Frosted Strawberry love, and rolling through my day. Instead, I stood in the aisle, mumbling like Ronald Regan, trying to find the most basic pillar of the Pop-Tart family, while trying to figure out the new Half & Half series.

Finally, I did find that which I sought, nestled between the Mint Chocolate Chip (which I'd picked up and pondered for a good 2 minutes) and the Half Chocolate/Half Vanilla pastry abortion.

I'm normally a man of variety, but I was starving this morning, and my stomach had already decided nothing could be done but be filled with the Frosted Strawberry love, thus my dillema.

Anyway, got my shit, I think I was somewhere between 4 minutes and 2.5 hours late for work this morning due to my detour through foil-wrapped varietal hell.

1 comment:

queenlizzle said...

this makes me laugh.

also about a month ago i was at meijer for some dumb reason and i saw that poptarts were like 3 for $7 or something. jk likes to eat them so i thought i would get him some. i had the same problem as you...what the hell ARE these flavors?

i got the last box of brown sugar cinnamon b/c i know he likes those and i had to abort the rest of the mission.