Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Project'd!

So, here's what we went to HD for Sunday.... Gonna put up insulation and drywall/paint the garage, basically just finish the thing out so it's a little nicer/cleaner.

I didn't think to take an actual before pic, best I could do is get pics of the place after I'd already cleared off a wall:

Then, all the crap from that wall shoved over to the other side of the garage:



First step was to pull all the shelving and 20 years of random nails and screws put into the studs over time, drill out the studs up top to run the outdoor speaker wiring, and start throwin up the insulation. Here's bag 1 of 7 installed:




The goal is to have the entire thing done before Elloween (11/10). Of course, we're going home this weekend, so this is basically gonna consume my weeknights for a couple weeks. The demo is taking the longest, because of ALL the crap that's on these studs, just tons of random nails and shit. Also, there's a dead outlet on the other wall I want to fix before I drywall it in place, and I might add another outlet or two while I'm at it, so I have to spend some time in the attic, which is where a shitload of birds were living this summer. Hoping they're gone.

No comments: