Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Sweetness

Thanks to the wonders of VLC and a sweet-ass batch script, I'm able to finally convert basically any video files into WMV pretty easily, which means I can watch them on the 42" DLP via Xbox 360 instead of the 17" LCD in the office. This makes me so happy on so many levels. When our DVR sucks butt and decides not to tape something super-important like Lost or Heroes, I can grab the show off bittorrent and watch it in pseudo-HD in the living room, which is a step above what the SD DVR provides, anyway. W00t.

In further celebration, I made a stride in my piracy and downloaded a movie, (gasp) Beer League, starring Artie Lange and Ralph "Karate Kid" Maccio. Amazingly, it didn't completley suck. Was it fine cinema? No. But, we did make it through the whole thing, and if you know us, we're pretty apt and pulling the plug on something that just isn't clicking with us. (Cold & Dark, Dukes of Hazzard, Miami Vice come to mind). The whole thing was fucks and toilet humor layered over a half-wit very shallow story, but it was good mindless entertainment for a couple hours.

No point here, kinda avoiding doing real work at the moment. It's sunny out, and all I see is blue sky out my window, and it's 3:30p. Damn.

No comments: