Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Monday, August 20, 2007

It's all weekendy and updatey and stuff.

Friday: Maintained low tones. Had a few cocktails, and bumped into Nate on Xbox live, figured I'd get a game of Bomberman in before we did other shit. Then Ben popped online. Then Jimmy. Then Nate got Pam playing. Then I got Ellen going on it. Played multi-state, 6-man bomberman tournaments for way too long. Ellen was going cross-eyed from Bomberman action, so we bowed out and watched Groove, which was like the MTV Real Life version of Go. Made me miss Denver, when I was into that whole electronic scene.

Saturday: Slept in, spent the day lounging around the house, alternating between xbox and gameboy and DVR shit and internet, with Ellen doing the same. Finally left the house at 4. Went to Target to buy pants/dress for wedding we had that night. Got back home, quick-changed, met Nate/Beth for supper @ Chilis, then hit the wedding reception for Matt & Jodi, who are Nate & Beth's neighbors, and who we also know through Lori. Weird. Anyway, nice reception, lots of free beer. Ran into a STLM guy at the party I hadn't seen in a while. Bounced around 10:30 to meet Helen & Eric @ Friday's South in Cville for further boozering.

They hung out until about 12:30 or 1 I guess, good times, covered a lot of random shit, talked with one of the owners for a while about some random shit as well. Then Lori and Steve and some other folks from the wedding showed up. There was a near fight, I bouncer'd some guy outta the bar cuz I was drunk and bald and dressed up and looked the part. Then I bought beer for all the remaining fighters. Some fire department Backdraft stuff, but they were all worked up and needed beer.

Closed the joint down, then got the bright idea to jacuzzi. Had a couple brews, ellen passed out. Got her out before she drowned, then went inside where my liver finished metabolizing all the night's booze and I was plowstered beyond belief. Ate beans. Went to bed around 5a.

Sunday: Woke up around 1pm with the worst ass-pounding headache known to man. Nate and Beth randomly stopped by shortly after I woke up, wound up meeing them up @ Ruby Tuesday for lunch. Then hit the Big K for random toiletries and bucket of Ibuprofen.

Got home, took drugs, put comfy clothes back on and stayed inside the rest of the day. Watched Zodiac, which was awesome. Caught up on more DVR shit, I was back in bed by 9.

This week is....i dunno. Nothing yet. Lots of people are gonna be outta town it looks like, so who knows. I'm sure I'll entertain myself somehow. Planning on doing some house projects in anticipation of Kerwin visit. Apparently find out about my raise today, and if I need to start looking for employment elsewhere, or be very happy. Yay.

No comments: