Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Monday, August 27, 2007

tear the roof off the motha

Friday: Ellen had some MERS-people thing that night, so I ate Hardee's, played Bioshock for a while, and watched some football till Helen/Eric came over. We rolled up to Hurricane's for a bit, where Helen got hammered and they abondoned me downtown at my request around 10 I think. Had a couple more drinks there, then mosied on down to Friday's South where I drank more, hung out with some colorful characters, and eventually Lori made an appearance. We hung, then Ellen called, I directed her to where I was. Closed down the joint, walked out with a $10 tab, viva being a regular/VIP/alcoholic. Got Tacos on the Back-end(R), passed out around 3:30a.

Saturday: Woke up late, Ellen made us kick-ass omlets. Lounged around for a while, then hit the road to C-U for some funk. Decent trip, except for the 84 in a 65 I got in Decatur on I72. Stupid instant-on Ka band radar bastards. Luckily (and the cop agreed), I wasn't going 1mph faster. Bigger fines and whatnot. Really cool cop though, so that was nice. First ticket in like 10 years, so I was really due. Slow ride the remainder of the way into CU. Met up with Grice and Sadie at their place, then rolled over to Jupiter's for Tucher and ass-kicking BBQ Chicken pizza. Hit Piccadilly for provisions, then back to the house for some pre-game drinking and pool in Ben's garage. Neat.

Hopped in his jeep and headed over to the Urbana Sweet Corn Festival around 8 to get a place to stand for the P-Funk. Awesome crowd, cheap (for a festival) beer. P-Funk definitely brought the A-game. I'd never seen them live, and even with George or Bootsie, it was definitely funkadelic. They wrapped around 11. We headed back to Grice's, where Sadie split off to hit the sack, leaving Grice and I to do what we do.

Headed to campus since it was close, decided that we are right on the cusp of being entirely too old to be on campus. Had a drink at Legends then went on a short walkabout by COs just for grins. Lamented what Green street was becoming while mocking the bed-head boy kids and over-dressed plowed 18 year old chicks. Got back in the car and went downtown, stopping off at Tumble Inn for some townie action. Crowd sucked, so we migrated north to Guido's. Had a couple drinks upstairs, then went to show Grice the basement, which he didn't know existed. Had another drink, and ran into Jamie Reppert. Come to find out her boyfriend owns Bacaro downtown, and she wanted Grice to meet him, via the chef connection and what have you. So, we went to the joint, which was obviously closed, had a little private shin-dig with Thad, Carlos, who owns Jupiter, and apparently like 5 other joints in town, and some doctor dude who was cool. Had a nice little setup in Thad's new wine area, where he was pouring some incredible red that I couldn't pronounce. I'm not a wine person per-say, but this shit was just awesome. Had a couple glasses, Carlos/Thad/Grice did the networking thing, Grice got some awesome leads on locations for his catering shit he's working on, Jamie and I had a good convo about the reunion and life and shit, some confusion regarding my choice of words though:

me to Jamie: "What'd you think of that trainwreck last month?" (referring to the reunion)
doctor dude: "What trainwreck? Trainwrecks are never good! How could a trainwreck be anything but bad?"

Funny shit. Anyway, the chill session broke up around 3:30 or so, and we headed over to Merry Ann's for the fastest service known to man. Stack action was superb. Headed back to Grices, passed out hard.

Sunday: Woke up around 8:00 or so, got ready, and hit the road under the cover of mid-morning, foregoing breakfast with my hosts in favor of getting home early. Turns out, I missed breakfast with Pfunk at Cracker Barrel. Figures. After a careful 75mph drive home (avoiding I72, but still seeing 20,000 cops), I got back before noon with time to spare. Hit up Wal-Mart/HomeDepot for home-repair items in anticipation of the Kerwin visitation this weekend. Sent way too much cash. Had some BW3 goodness. Took extended nap. Was up for a couple hours to catch up on DVR shit, then back in bed by 10.

Phew.

1 comment:

queenlizzle said...

i cant believe you ate hardees and lived to tell about it.