Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Monday, March 10, 2008

Rrrrobot horse!

Friday: Ellen was out of town, so I did what any good husband does when his wife is gone: played Rock Band for a while, then went to the bars by myself. Ran into one of my normal bartenders who was offduty, hung out with him for a while, ran into the new bar-couple friend from a couple weeks ago, caught up with them at Johnny's across the street, and hung out for a while. They left, Paul (the bartender) came over, we hung out for a while, he left, after getting me hooked on this evil, wonderful Rye Whiskey. Bellied up to the bar, hung out with Johnny and Doug (owners), talked about microbrews, and wound up going through half their menu doing tastings and helping them with their beer list, which was awesome. Another couple showed up, hung out with them for a while, they're Michigan imports apparently, something about Bell's, and random bullshit chatter. The wife crossed some invisible completely-fucking-plowed line and kept falling off her stool, so they left. I went back across the street to Friday's and ran into the drunk guy-who-drives-the-white-version-of-my-car-and-can-never-remember-my-name-but-still -knows-me, and Dane's uncle. Left there around 2:30. I'm afraid to look at my receipts from the night still, but I think I was pretty much taken care of at Johnny's. Hoping, anyway.

Saturday: Incredibly hungover. So bad. Watched Price Is Right special from Friday night while eating eggs, which was great. Plodded around the house for a while, got cleaned up and took the dog to get his nails cut/ground. Took him around petsmart to get some toys and new elevated water/food bowls. Dumb bastard was pulling so much he vomitted in aisle 6. That was un-fun. Got him home, grabbed some Arbys (Toasted Italian Sub, get it), then headed up to Alton for a poker game.

Hangover ruined me, I was useless, got knocked out of the game within an hour. Hung out for a bit, and excused myself due to hangover death. Stopped at Schnucks on the way home for Zing Zang and Absolute Peppar in hopes of curing what ailed me. Made some strong/spicy Bloody Marys, Davies came over for a bit, Helen was plowed/hilarious, Rock Band ensued. Hung out for a bit before they left at 1ish, rocked out a bit more until around 2:xx. Passed out hard.

Sunday: Woke up, had ambitions of either walking the dog or cleaning the car. Neither happened. Ellen showed up from Indy around 1. Made a Pizza Man run. Ate entirely too much. Caught up on DVR shit, watched Evan Almighty for some reason (horrib), finally watched King Kong (beautiful in HD). Ellen passed out due to sick death, I putzed around on the interwebs until midnight or so.

yay! blog!

No comments: