Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Monday, March 17, 2008

top of the blarney and whatnot

Friday: Laid low. Had Ramone's. Mariachi band was rocking it out. Some WT mofo made them play Feliz Navidad. I think/hope she was drunk. Cleaned house for baby shower Ellen was having. In bed early-ish.

Saturday: Woke up, showered, got McD's. Loaded up some rum in my coke, had Ellen take Eric and I downtown for parade action. Day started out generally shitty and rainy. Cleared up after 4 beers and a few hours. Watched dumb people run. Watched dumber runners dance badly to shitty cover bands.

Jake met up with us around noon. The parade had started by this time, and we were trying to locate each other, when a tractor fell over, which provided a good reference point, and a chance for Jake to cross the street.

Drank HEAVILY. Wound up going to Side Bar on wash before the parade was over to beat the crowd. Had INCREDIBLE corned beef and cabbage. It was sooooo fucking good. They did something with lots of brown sugar. God. So good. Obviously, more drinking. We hopped around bars trying to find someplace non-packed. Wound up at Keiner Plaza where there was another beer tent, and riverdance suddenly broke out. It was weird. Made our way back towards the river to Tigin(?), which was incredible, and much Hoegarden was drank, and incredible chicken fingers were had.

We split ways with Jake around 6, when the wives picked us up because they're awesome like that. After we drunkenly babbled a lot, we wound up at a Chinese buffet. That was a horrible idea. Only because we were REALLY drunk at this point, and probably shouldn't have been around families. Or food. Or tiny holes in the wall to the kitchen.

Anyway, we went back to the house for RockBand, and more beer and energy drinks. Helen/Eric split around 9? I guess 9. Maybe 10. I dunno. We apparently went downtown Cville to drink more. There's some massive blurs in here, but I remember being asked for my beer knowledge at Johnny's again (they ripped through my last selection, I need to be on beer comission), and winding up at Friday's South. Taco Bell was procured around 1:30 I believe. It was also incredible. Passing out happened. Only because my body completely shut down after drinking for 16+ hours straight. Yah.

Sunday: Woke up at 10, completely not as hungover as I shoulda been. Had Pizza Man. Watched movies. Took naps. In bed by 9. Today I'm in hangover-hangover mode, and a complete zombie. So dead. So horribly dead.

No comments: