Counter Thingy that Counts Crap

Monday, March 31, 2008

week/weekend/month update?

Blarg.

Let's see. Last Tuesday/wed/thursday I was in Minneapolis for conference. It was fairly boring, and I spent a lot of time chilling in the hotel and attached Irish Pub, which was nice. Got to know the staff to the point I was getting free drinks, which is either awesome or horrible. Got to roll around in a Town Car a lot, which was pimp.

Thursday, went to some expensive-ass seafood joint with a vendor rep, it was great. Hopped the plane back south, which was delayed on both ends, so it was about 12:30 or so before I actually got to my car. It was stupid raining and my tires in back were bald, and I went sideways on I55, which sucked. Met up with Lori/Ellen/Jodi at Fridays' for a couple drinks.

Friday: Woke up, took car to Midas for tires at 8a. Took dog to kennel, took phone to sprint for repair, picked up tux, picked up car, packed car, took nap. Headed north for wedding crap. Got to the rehearsal with time to spare due to fast driving awesomeness. Back to Basler's afterwards for booze and Rock Band until like 1.

Saturday: Had to be at church around 10 for wedding shit. Stood around forever, played poker, made cigar run, participated in wedding. Excursion limo was pimp, drove around, said "woo" a lot on green street. Booze and tux pictures are Hessel Park. Had 2 glasses of champagne and 3 beers in the limo. Beginning of the end.

Reception was in full force, good food, generic wedding DJ. So... much... booze. Seriously. Wow. Scotch and cigar tradition was enforced, and was the middle of the end. We polished off a fifth of Glenlivit between the 6-7 of us in about 15 minutes or so. Horrible idea.

Much of the remainder of the night is a blur, and/or missing. I wound up with the DJ's info handwritten on a piece of paper. We apparently hung out with the photographer in the hotel afterwards. I'm not coimpletely sure how we got anywhere. I remember fake trees in the hotel being liberated from the lobby and taken to rooms. It seemed like a great idea at the time. Fake trees are tall.

Taco Bell was apparently mashed into my face (by me), my tux tie/shirt took the brunt of the force though, which was fun to explain. Seriously, quite possibly the drunkest I've been in the history of ever. I ran a tab at Refinery, which was a bad idea in retrospect since I totally didn't take advantage of any of the free booze. Talked to Dave Harber a few times, which was cool.

Um, yah. D-R-U-N-K. I didn't hear about jigs, so that's good. Eric did do the worm. I apparently was an asshole to one of E's frat buddies who was hitting on Ellen.

Sunday: Hungover. Had Panera, drove home. Returned Tux, grabbed Red Robin. Went home, worked on some faulty house wiring. Sat on couch. Had apple cobbler. Bed at 9:30. I'm sick today, which I'm going to blame on Rob, and not sharing a bottle of scotch with 7 other people.

This week is sittig in silence, and taking sick time to recover fully so I can repeat everything in 2 weeks for Nate's wedding.

No comments: